This object is in archive! 

Allow Groups to manage Team Folder shares

Wayne Woodward shared this idea 3 years ago
Needs Review

Currently Groups are not allowed to manage Team Folder shares (receive error "Groups cannot be given share manage permission. CLFC-01434-00129"). This means that I have to go and individually add all of the members of a group so I can assign "Manage" permissions on their Team Folder rather than using the default group that they are already members of. This is especially irritating as I used AD groups to assign users to shares so that I wouldn't need to manage the accounts in multiple places in our organization (and in FileCloud itself).

FileCloud 20.3.2.13174 (on-premises)

Replies (3)

photo

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it for a future release.

We would also like let you to know that groups are not allowed to have manage shares permissions for security reasons as per the design.

photo

Out of curiosity, what are the security concerns for groups being able to manage shares rather than users? I get that anyone in the group could manage the share, but if that's what we want what additional security concerns are there?

Thanks

photo

Yes, you are right, manage permission for a group means all the users can manage the share.

We will consider it for a future release.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file