This object is in archive! 

Ability for a single user to create both public and private shares for a single folder

Nandakumar CS shared this idea 2 years ago
Needs Review

We have a Team Folder (let's call it "A") to which our administrator has shared full permissions to for one of our Full Users, "Mary".

Within "A" is a subfolder called "B".

Mary wants to share folder "B" in 2 ways:

1) A limited user (let's call him Joe) should have view/download/upload/delete permissions for folder "B".

and simultaneously

2) Anyone with the link should be able to view/download folder "B" (no login and no password required).

We would like to request that you enhance FileCloud to allow the use case I described without needing to resort to the workaround. A single user should be able to activate both types of sharing simultaneously. This is a common use case for us, and I imagine it would be for your other customers, too.

Replies (1)

photo

Thanks for reaching out—that’s a great suggestion.

I can see how you would want something like that. It would help the admin provide different access to the same folder to multiple users, Right now, we don’t offer that as a feature. I’ll track this with our team internally, so please let me know if you have any additional context that you’d like to add!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file