This object is in archive! 

Disable User Login in Admin Portal

YH Wong shared this idea 2 years ago
Needs Review

There are occassions of administering the Filecloud system by the administrator, while disabling the user access during the process.

It is requested to add a new function to disable user login in the Admin Portal. We are running cloud based FileCloud standard server on Linux.

Replies (7)

photo

Thanks for your feature request.

Can I ask for some more detail, to make sure I understand what you need? like how the user access got disabled. What steps replicate this process?

photo

The feature is to facilitate system maintenance/upgrade with details as follows.

- Only Admin users can login the system once the "Disable Login" function is enabled.

- No login is allowed for non-admin users.

- For user notification

- Normally in advance for scheduled maintenance

- Shutdown Apache to disconnect all users for unplanned maintenance

photo

Thanks for reaching out—that’s a great suggestion.

I can see how you would want something like that. Right now, we don’t offer that as a feature. I’ll track this with our team internally, till then you can use this workaround:

You can block all external traffic i.e. only allow connections from a specific IP or machine which only the maintenance admin can use. I imagine shutting down apache might not be viable as the admin will be unable to access the site for maintenance as well.

photo

This is not feasible, as I and other users share the same internet line (i.e. same WAN IP address) in the office. In fact, this is NOT my request, this is part of the use case of an administrator that faces in daily operations.

photo

If you are using AD, then you can change the config so login fails temporarily

photo

We are not using AD. It is anticipated to implement a native function to facilitate administration tasks.

photo

Thanks for reaching out,

I’ll track this with our team internally, and let you know!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file