URL Shortener

Jarbydev shared this idea 6 months ago
Not Planning to Implement

I am reaching out to discuss a potential enhancement for sharing links. Currently, FC-shared URLs are quite lengthy (e.g., amazon.com/url/tebff4gwfhqyn2yy), which can be cumbersome for our users and does not reflect our brand in the most efficient manner.

To improve user experience and reinforce our brand identity, I propose adopting a custom URL shortener domain. The objective is to transform our long-form URLs into a concise and branded format, such as using "amz.co" followed by a shortened path (e.g., amz.co/tebff4gw).

This shorter format is not only more user-friendly but also easier to remember and share, which is particularly beneficial for our marketing and outreach efforts. Additionally, it will provide a more professional appearance in our communications and can aid in tracking and analytics efforts, and is easy to remember.

I am prepared to take the necessary steps to secure a short domain name from a domain registrar for this purpose.

Replies (1)

photo

Thank you for reaching out with your proposal to implement a custom URL shortener for Filecloud shared links.

While Filecloud currently offers the ability to modify shared links, which provides a level of customization for sharing files., we understand that this may not completely satisfy the preference for a more streamlined and brand-specific URL format. However, after careful consideration, we have determined that integrating a custom URL shortener is not aligned with our current strategic goals.

We value your input and encourage you to continue leveraging the 'Modify Link' feature to customize your shared links as needed. Your feedback is important to us, and we will keep your suggestion in mind for future discussions on product enhancements.

Thank you for your understanding and your continued support of Filecloud.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file