workflow optional required parameters empty

Paul Hyde shared this idea 6 months ago
In Planning

Would be good if the system recognised that if all fields in a parameter box are optional that it filled in the { } for you.

Would save the error when saving the workflow.

Replies (3)

photo

Thank you for your feedback regarding handling optional fields in workflow parameters.

To ensure we fully understand your suggestion and address it appropriately, could you please clarify a few points:

1. Workflow Type: Are you referring to issues encountered within admin or user workflows? Understanding this will help us pinpoint the exact area within Filecloud workflows where your suggestion applies.
  2. Specific Workflow Scenario: Could you provide an example of a workflow where you've encountered this issue? Knowing the specific conditions or actions that led to the error when saving the workflow would be immensely helpful.
  3. Current Experience: How does the current requirement for manually filling in {} optional parameters affect your workflow creation process? Any details on the frequency and impact of this issue would provide valuable context.
  4. Ideal Solution: Do you envision the system automatically populating {} for all optional fields, or would you prefer a different solution? Your insight into the ideal behavior would guide our consideration of potential enhancements.

Your detailed feedback on these points will be crucial for us to understand your needs better and explore ways to enhance the workflow creation experience in Filecloud.

Thank you for contributing to the improvement of Filecloud. We look forward to your response.

photo

Nitin,

Workflow type: "If file was not modified for specific days"

Specific workflow scenario: I was trying to setup a workflow to delete files if they were not accessed in a certain time period

Current experience: When I enter no parameters as they are all optional I get an error when trying to save the workflow

Ideal solution: Have the system know that if all parameters are optional and nothing is entered then to put in the { } characters automatically or to provide text to say that the brackets are needed even if no text is entered.

I hope that is enough information, if not please reach out paulhy@softcat.com

photo

Thank you for providing detailed information.

We acknowledge the inconvenience caused by the requirement to enter manually {} in optional parameter fields, even when no specific values are needed. Your feedback will be forwarded to our development team for review and consideration in our upcoming updates. While we work on a long-term solution, as a temporary workaround, you may manually enter {} the optional parameters fields to bypass the error when saving the workflow.

We appreciate your patience and commitment to improving Filecloud. Please feel free to share any further thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file