Workflow for Date-stamping files

Priya Tripathi shared this idea 7 months ago
Already Exists

Is it possible to date-stamp (with current date) any uploaded file without downloading it using a Workflow? Allow editing file content and adding images (date-stamp) using a Workflow (user initiated).

Replies (4)

photo

Thank you for your Suggestion.

To better understand your requirements and how this feature could best serve your needs, could you please provide more detailed information on the following:

1. Use Case Clarification: Could you describe the specific scenarios or processes within your organization where date-stamping upon upload would be essential? Understanding the context will help us gauge the feature's applicability and importance.
  2. Modification of File Content: When you mention editing file content and adding images (date-stamp) via a workflow, could you elaborate on how you envision this process? Are you looking for an automated addition within the file content, or would a visual representation, like a watermark, suffice?
    Current Solutions: We offer the capability to add watermarks on previews, including the current date and time. This feature might partially meet your needs by providing a visual date and time stamp on document previews. For more information and to see if this solution could fit your requirements, please check out our guide on Enabling Watermarks on Previews.

Your detailed feedback on these points will be invaluable in helping us understand the potential impact and necessity of such a feature, and how we might prioritize its development in the context of Filecloud's roadmap.

We look forward to your insights and thank you for your contribution to making Filecloud even better for our community.

photo

Hi Nitin, thank you so much for considering my idea and replying back with possible solution.

Currently in our FileCloud, whenever any user is uploading a file, we cannot preview it. We need to download it and only then we can see what it is all about.

Looks like your given option of 'Enabling Watermarks On Previews' could be a good solution for us. Could you please tell more about this? I checked on the link you provided above, its telling about 'Document Converter'. Is this a third party tool? do we have to download it? please throw some more light on this.

Thanks,

Priya

photo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in learning more about enabling watermarks on previews in FileCloud.

The "Document Preview" feature allows users to quickly view a portion of a document without downloading it. For detailed steps on setting up this feature, including enabling watermarks, please refer to the Document Preview guide available here. This should provide all the necessary information to implement the solution effectively in your FileCloud environment.

photo

Hi Nitin,

I don't think we have this preview option enabled in our admin controls. This is what I see below, we are using current version 23.232.0.24769.

Please let me know, how I can enable 'Preview' at first place?

Thanks,

Priya

3660f2e5feb6d48e51de4617d4fc4c0d

Leave a Comment

Attach a file